Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Martinsville Nextel Cup

Okay folks, we're gonna cut to the chase with the singings and all so we can get back to the gossiping of who's "zoomin' who", as Aretha once said way, way back in the day.

OUR NATIONS COLORS were presented by The Virginia National Guard. Thank you, all of you, Ladies and Gentlemen, for your service.

THE INVOCATION by Tim Byrd of Raceway Ministries

OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM played by Martinsville Middle School Band Leader, B.J. Norris

THE FLYOVER by two F-16s from Lochland Air Force Base

THE COMMAND was given by THE KING, Richard Petty

I'll add more later, folks. I just suffered a sinkin' spell. This Lupus can be a real booger in the Springtime.

Comment away, though. I swear when I get to feelin' better I'm gunna try to get caught up with all you boys's blogs, meantime I hope yer enjoying your springs! We got a couple weeks off - to quote Dale Jarrett: "That'd be good."

3 Comments:

Blogger RevJim said...

I hope you do get to feeling better soon. Did I mention I really like your blog? I noticed that you included both of my sites on your sidebar. I offer you my humble thanks.
Best wishes and prayers to you.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Racefan57 said...

hello dixie...Lupus?? So sorry. That crap makes living every day life so hard. Hope ya feel better!!

5:12 AM  
Blogger ABAT said...

Hey Dixie - a cat named Alastair? LOL. Never heard of no cat called Alastair. Classic.
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Take care of yourself over Easter, bud. The world needs Nascar writers with your class and style.

Anyway - Martinsville. Hmmm. Still being very nice to each other (or is it that "getting out alive" thing again). Not very happy seeing JJ winning with Gordon so close behind, but at least Smoke had a good run and is now back in the top 10 (man, the Chase is just getting more important earlier each year).
To be honest it's kinda weird to not hear Mark Martin's named getting called, and I can think of a few people whose names I'd rather be missing!

And that's one of the prime things I love about NASCAR - it's so personality driven. Drivers you can love or hate. I'm a blue oval fan, always have been, always will be - so you'd think I'd be behind Roush's boys, but I'm a Smoke (from his 'making his mark' days)fan and love the way Jeff Burton handles a car (and himself). I don't really care who they drive for.
Aussie V8 supercars though - that's another story!

Enough babble, love the blog Dixie. Take care and have a beautiful Easter.

AKT

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home