Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Y'all Should Hate Me

I Should write about Bristol. I got sumpin' started on the singing and all. But it's such a beautiful day here in Henrico County, Virginia. Crow Holler - just s'mere's between Richmond, Mechanicsville, Henrico & Hanover Counties. One and one-half mile from the oval known as Richmond International Raceway. Where I been hearing stock cars buzzing around since about 8am. Jayski says they started at 1pm, but I guaran-damn-tee you somebody was out early, cuz I heard 'em.

And this is why you should hate me. I ain't goin'. And even Ward Burton is there, for Chrissakes!! But I'm content to sit & listen. Maybe tomorrow I'll go & hope some of the guys I like are there, but we'll see. On my list is Ward (duh), Blaney, Hamlin (maybe), Mears (maybe- just to tell him I saw his Uncle Rick on fire IN PERSON!! ), and maybe Stephen Leicht just to listen to him talk & study on him for awhile. Cuz he's one of the ones I may have to call "gay" on. The boy admitted - on National Television mind you - that his favorite music is show tunes. And he does have a very slight lisp. So, I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.

Here's who I got blaring through my office window right now:


When: Tuesday, March 27 – Wednesday, March 28.

Times: 1 - 5:00 p.m.; 6 - 9:00 p.m. each day.

Scheduled Drivers: Eric McClure, J.J. Yeley, Clint Bowyer, Regan Smith, Kyle Busch, David Ragan, Mike Wallace, Scott Riggs, Dave Blaney, Sam Hornish Jr., Kyle Krisiloff, Todd Kluever, Matt Kenseth, Brad Coleman, Denny Hamlin, Timothy Peters, Todd Bodine, Casey Mears, David Gilliland, Richard Johns, Erik Darnell, Ward Burton, Robert Richardson Jr., Jeff Burton, Scott Wimmer, Tony Raines, Bobby Hamilton Jr., Brent Sherman, Jamie McMurray, Jason Leffler, David Stremme, Kevin Hamlin, Jon Wood, Marcos Ambrose, Carl Edwards, Steve Wallace, Shane Huffman, Stephen Leicht, Bobby Santos, David Reutimann, Daniel Hanniford, Justin Diercks.

I actually slept today from about 8am-1pm. The sound of those cars whizzing around sometimes makes me sleepy. Of course, you talkin' to the lady who slept through the Indianapolis 500 when she was 5 or 6 years old. On the finish line, about 50 seats up from the track. And even back in the 1960s, them cars were fuckin' LOUD!!!

Heh. Heh. PS: I don't feel so bad now. I just found out Rankin' Rob has the chance to do something WAAAAAAAAAY cooler than I do today, and he's taking a pass on it, too. I ain't gonna out him - but you Smoke fans would skin him alive...

I can't decide if we've gotten old and jaded, old and lazy, old and stupid, or just old. Rob, you and me, buddy, we really need to get our priorities straight....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh. That's a beautiful sound, innit?

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live next to the Nashville Fairgrounds race track. My neighbors all bitch about the noise, but it's music to my ears. Especially when I'm in the garage throwing wrenches at my own "race" car/money pit. (my neighbors probably bitch about that noise too but it's hard to hear them over the air-guns)

Like a friend of mine says, we're all just "turning money into noise"

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home