Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bristol Busch Race-Sharpie Mini 300 - Blue Highway

Darn. Yanno what? I shoulda started this earlier this evening, but I got to doing this & that and now I am just so plum wore out I can't hardly move, let alone focus to write, Our very beloved friends Kitty & Beaker came over & spent the afternoon, so once I do get around to posting, we can also add their "reviews" of the pre-race entertainment. Which should be amusing, at least. As far as we know they've never sat through an entire NASCAR race of any type all the way through, so we sort of "broke in" NASCAR virgins. We had a blast visiting with them, and unfortunately don't get to see them often, so I felt kinda bad having the race on during their visit - but at least we had the sound down most of the time. It's hard to explain to non-NASCAR fans that you just live for that few minutes when they might maybe talk to your favorite driver, or even just talk about him, for Lord's sake! And trying to explain Ward Burton to anyone is...well... you can imagine!!

So I'm gonna leave this here the way it is, and hopefully come back later to delete this wordy apology & fill in the blanks just for Posterity's sake. Try to at least keep a record of who sang what and when and all. and I'd like to start reviewing Mojo's Manifold Destiny radio show, too. Just so y'all know what you're missing!

I need to try to get some super serious rest before the REAL shenanigans tomorrow!! Jayski says it all starts at 11:30am with Race Day Live , which you know we never miss - and will go until 10pm once DeSpain goes off the air. HOLY PETE!! How will the wolf survive? Why am I still up? I must be nuts!!

Over and out- talk to y'all Monday!

Big Dix

6 Comments:

Blogger Racefan57 said...

Great race

Have an aweome weekend!!!

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NASCAR can't get the pit lights fo work right, gives out a late do-over caution that seems to favor Carl Edwards. Not a good start to the racing weekend at BMS. He didn't even strip nekkid to the waist before doing his backflip, either.

9:14 AM  
Blogger TalkGeorge said...

Hey willard...thanks for linking me, vroom is mine, vroom chatter belongs to another great group of blogaters!

10:00 AM  
Blogger The Dixie Butcher said...

To Vroom: -thanks for the clarification, I haven't yet found time to poke around too much at either place, so I'm happy to have a 'heads up!' !! -

oh, and speaking of clarification, there ain't anyone named Willard here, it's just the name of the garage! (grin). It's a long story. Only the two "oaf-ishul" employees of Willard's Garage post on this blog. That's be me, Dixie - and my old man Cecil. Sorry about the confusion, but you're not the first one to think there's a real "Willard" here!

And thanks for not minding that we to linked to you, it's a pleasure making your acquaintence. We're always happy to meet new NASCAR loving friends. :)

Rob- when & where did you see the back flip first? Seems like nobody else got it in real time.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Racefan57 said...

hey dixie!!

yeah....Helton came on during the race...too funny!!

what a crazy cup race

have a good one

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AP photo of Edwards in mid-flight was in my Sunday paper.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home